Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allison Allison is offline

Default Form fields and copy paste

I am an idiot! I wasn't tabbing to get to the next field. I was just
pasting and then looking to the next field, and when I didn't see it
change...oh well....thanks for hanging in there with me! I am on a roll now.
You are a GENIUS!
--
Thanks, Allison

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you paste text in and then tab out of the form field, it still doesn't
update?

"Allison" wrote in message
Suzanne:

thanks so much. I will definitely try this and I am glad to be introduced
to the StyleRef field.

I still can't get data that I copy and paste into a text form field with

the
calculate on exit box checked to repeat to the ref field. When I type

text
in it works beautifully, so I think I have it all set up correctly. I

really
need the function of copying text into a field on a protected form repeat

other fields. Any tricks here?

Thanks again. Allison
--
Thanks, Allison

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

REF fields in the header/footer of a protected form do not update
automatically; you can use a StyleRef field instead; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Allison" wrote in message
Also, as long as I am at it, are there any tricks to putting ref codes

in
footers?
Thanks again.
--
Thanks, Allison

"Allison" wrote:

thanks for your response, and that is what I thought.

If I type text into the protected form, the text copies to the ref

field
as
I do have the calculate on exit box checked. However, these legal
secretaries copy and paste the description of the charge from

attorney's
notes (another word document) into the formal legal pleadings

document
that
they are preparing. When they copy and paste text into the field,

it
does
not calculate on exit and move that description to the ref fields

that
it
needs to go to. I am confused and desparate to fix this! Thanks

again
for
your help!
--
Thanks, Allison

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Allison,

Provided your formfield's properties are set to 'calculate on

exit'
and your document is protected for forms, the REF fields
pointing to it should update automatically as soon as you exit the
formfield.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Allison" wrote in message
I have created a legal pleadings form and have used ref fields in
order to
automatically populate data from one field (like Text 1) to

another
location
in the form.

I have run into a problem when copying data into the original

form
field
(like Text 1) and having that data appear in the appropriate ref
fields.

Can this be done and if so how?

Please help!
--