Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Aligning figures to bottom of page, WITH working bookmarks

me13013 wrote:
[..]
For justifying "half sentences" and avoiding they run towards the end
of the line insert a tab after the period at the end of the sentence
before hitting enter.

YESSS!! Thanks. That was the magic mushroom I was looking for in my
first attempted solution. I'll have to try that to see if it works.

yes it does. And depending on compatibility settings (in Winword, that's
Tools | Options | Compatibility: Don't expand character spaces on a line
that ends with SHIFT-RETURN), you can get justification to work on lines
ending with SHIFT-RETURN also, without the tab.

I've "typeset" (more than) my share of theses in the 90s, and with Word.
You can certainly create more caption categories. One of the students
came up with an interesting idea: use one generic category for all (so
you don't end up with possibly quite short "table of Figures", "table of
Tables", "table of whatnot".

But things should work with your own bookmarks as well. In Frames, for
instance. Not sure why this does not yield good results with you: maybe
you're better off asking in a mac-office group, if more problems arise.

But ultimately, you do typeset manually here. Only once. Your thesis is
worth it. In large documents that change a lot, you probably settle with
some white space here and there more easily.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS