Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default What's the cursor that looks like a compass?

The Escape key is what I'd expect to work, but it didn't get rid of the
scrolling cursor. I even resorted to rebooting to get rid of it. Is there any
other way to get rid of it?

Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
If it is accidental AutoScroll, then pressing the Esc key turns it off. If
you're using IntelliPoint, you can change the assignment to the wheel click
in your Mouse settings (control panel).

Here... I see something similar when the wheel click is assigned to the
AutoScroll function, but I see only two arrows (up/down), rather than four.

Possibly this is the AutoScroll function usually triggered by clicking the
scroll wheel on your mouse. In a long document, if you trigger the

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
get it randomly?

--
Christopher Brewster