Andy

Hi Pat,

thanks for trying. I selected the text and checked the line spacing was
single. Spacing 'before' and 'after' were zero. Still no luck I'm afraid.
I fiddled with the 'before' and 'after' settings but these just changed the
paragraph spacing. Did I miss something?

Andy

"Pat Garard" wrote:

G'Day Andy,

This sounds like a problem with EITHER line OR paragraph
spacing.

Select the offending text, and check...
FormatParagraph
....make sure that line spacing is (at least) Single, and/or that
Space before/after are both 0 or Auto.

When you have fixed the problem, play with these (separately)
to see their effect.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Andy" wrote in message
I recently had a problem with Word 2000 that made it impossible to print a
document. I found some advice on the internet that suggesting deleting the
Normal.dot file. This solved the problem.

However, now, when I print a Word document, which displays perfectly well
on
the screen, I get every alternate line appearing on the printed page with
only the top half of each character printed.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Apologies if this is a trivial
issue. I'm not an expert and have spent hours trying to sort the problem.

--
Andy