Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default IncludePicture Problem on Merge to New Document

I haven't been able to replicate this problem so far, but
a. is your path literal text, or is it inserted using a field (e.g. a
MAILMERGE field)?
b. do you actually have P:\Portage etc. or P:\\Portage (it should really be
the double slashes when they are backslashes)
c. You can also try P:/Portage (and yes, with forward slashes it would be a
single slash). Paths with forward slashes seem to be a bit more resistant to
change than the other sort.

I don't think the following article is relevant in Word 2003 (i.e. I tried
inserting this registry setting and it made no difference AFAICS) but it may
be worth making sure (change the Word version number to 11.0 if you do try
it):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171406/en-us

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Melinda Chase" wrote in
message ...
Hello,
I have a Word document (Word 2003 SP3) that includes an IncludePicture
Field. When I merge it to a new document, the file path changes to \ \ \
Transportation\Portage\..... instead of the expected P:\Portage\....

I've tried unchecking "ToolsOptionsGeneralWeb OptionsUpdate links on
save" without success. Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?
Thanks,
Melinda