There's a setting in Word 2000 and above that allows you to suppress space
between paragraphs of the same style (for selected styles), which would
allow you to add Space After to the style that would be effective only for
the last paragraph in the list, but that works only if you don't want *any*
space between the list items.

"Mary Lee" wrote in message
I am working in Word 2002 and setting up a new template. I want to put

more
space after the last item in my numbered lists. That would seem to mean
setting up a second style for that purpose, but then I get the problem of
getting that last numbered item to pick up the numbering from the previous
items. Is there a clean and reliable way to do this?
--
Thanks!
Mary Lee