Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Can I print an envelope without unlocking my document? Slight

Getting the extra page copies won't be too hard, although I don't have time
right now to play with it until it works right. The idea is that instead of
using the ActiveDocument.PrintOut method, you use the
Dialogs(wdDialogsFilePrint) dialog object -- similar to the way the macro
now uses the Dialogs(wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabels) object -- and use its
Pages parameter to specify a list of the pages and their duplicate copies,
like this:

.Pages = "1,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4,5"

Getting two envelopes might be a little trickier. The problem is that the
macro now acts as if you pressed the Add to Document button in the Envelopes
dialog, and then prints the envelope along with the rest of the document.
But Word allows only one envelope at a time to be attached to a document; if
you try to hand it another envelope, it will replace the one that's already
there. But if the return envelope always has the same address, then that can
be a separate and unchanging document stored in a file on your disk; the
macro can just open it, print it, and close it before or after dealing with
the main document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

MoJR wrote:
Jay,
Thank you for your help. I will finalize this stuff tomorrow.
Now. I have a document that has 5 pages in it. Three of them are
forms. I need 1 copy of page 1. I need 2 copies of page 2 and I need
3 copies each of pages 3 and 4 and 1 copy of page 5. I also would
like to add 2 envelopes to this document to be printed when I print
the other pages. 1 envelope had a return and a delivery address that
are different. The second evnope uses the return address for the
delivery address as well. What would be the best way to write
"something" that I could use for this? Is it possible to write it VBA
should I try a different program or should I leave you alone and go
screaming into the night!?!? I asked this question on one of the
forums earlier in the week. I can't remember which one and I haven't
received a response on it. Thank you again!!
mojr