John Gregory

Thanks Robert. I'll try both.

"Robert M. Franz" wrote in message
Hi John

John Gregory wrote:
[..]
What' are the control keys that will strip this document of all
formatting and allow me to start of scratch? Will that operation work on
just a shaded section of a document since my problem develops only around
these headlines? I'd hate to be forced to reformat everything. The
document is quite long.

I see two possible roads:

- CTRL A (SelectAll), then CTRL Q (ResetPara) and CTRL Space (ResetChar):
All Formatting is reset to the underlying paragraph style, no direct
formatting nor character styles are preserved.

or

- CTRL A, then CTRL SHIFT N: Converts to Normal style.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS