Annamarie Pluhar

Default Table of Contents -won't behave + spurious section breaks

I'm working on learning how to use TOC functionality. I have been reading
various articles on TOC on the MVP site - however I am testing with a
document that was sent by email by a colleague.

TOC function won't work at all. Is this because I don't have the .dot file
for the file on my computer?
Every time I try to set TOC levels they don't "stick".

Colleague also tells me that the doc adds continuous section breaks for no
reason that he can find. I don't know what his skill level is, but he said
he was on phone with MS for 2 hours. Perhaps he simply has a broken/buggy
template?

I have to work with this doc.. suggestions welcome.

Annamarie
Instructional Designer