Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Handling page numbers in sections of a template

I hope things are working out. I often have 11x17 pages in documents I edit
or format. In general, if Word allows you to select that paper size, the
printer is capable of accepting that size paper and when the printer is set
to accept paper selection directions from Word, I have had no problems with
switching paper sizes in Word documents.

If your documents will only be edited in W2007, you could try the new
alignment tab feature (http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/msoffice/?p=344).
Otherwise, you could use a three column table, with the cells aligned left,
center, and right, the table width set at 100 percent, and the sections
unlinked (not same as previous). Both methods could mean no user changes to
the header or footer when the margins (or paper sizes/orientations) change.

Note that I have not used the tab alignment feature in client documents
(because they must be prepared in the compatibility mode), but I look forward
to it. I do use the header table regularly. If for some reason you cannot
use the header table

Pam

Kathy wrote:
Thanks, Pam -- I will give that a try! I got really close with a macro but
couldn't get it to resize the footer to match the 11x17 size automatically.

I just made a quick part I called "Insert11x17pg. It works with the few
changes I made to it (unlinking from previous for both header/footers,

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

Pam