Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jackie

Default normal style

I'm currently reformatting old documents into a new style. I'm doing
this by copying the old docs into a new blank doc template and applying
the paragraph styles. However in some cases where the font was
different in normal style, reapplying normal style in the new template
will not update the style. I have to go into format styles and modify
the normal style. Can anyone explain why this happens? I'm also
putting together a guide for users so need to be able to explain this
to them. thanks a lot.