Jay Freedman

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:11:03 -0700, SisterPurple
wrote:

I am trying to make a spline label in Word. A spline is the back of a
binder. I know there is a way to do it, but can't find where. Thanks.

I think you'll find it's called a "spine" rather than a "spline"... It
helps to know the manufacturer and stock number of the labels you
have. Word tends to favor Avery labels, but it has definitions for
about a dozen others.

Go to Tools Letters & Mailings Envelopes & Labels. Click the
Labels tab. Click the Options button. Set the Label Products dropdown
to the correct manufacturer. Then choose the stock number or product
name from the list.

Among the "Avery standard" products you'll find "Ready Index Spine"
and "TitleFrames Spine" in assorted heights from 1" to 3".

Click OK in the Options dialog, then click the New Document button in
the Labels dialog. If you don't see gray lines showing the label
edges, click Table Show Gridlines. You can type any contents into
the labels and print or save the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman