Barb Reinhardt

Well, I had the {RD} part working. I just needed the macro. It works
GREAT! Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See "Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents"

"Barb R." wrote in message
I'm attempting to put together a table of contents for multiple documents.
Somewhere out in the ether is a methodology to create the TOC for this

group
of docs, but I've had little success getting answers from the developers,

so
I'm asking here.

If there is a better way to do this, please let me know. It appears that
there are 15-20 documents that are somehow merged together into what I'm
calling a master document. I just want to get an updated TOC for now.

First, I'm using the RD field codes to set up the TOC. I'm getting much

of
what I want this way, but still have several questions:

1 - Is there a way to get the page numbers to be consistent through the
document. If the last page of one section is 20, I want the first page

of
the next section to be 21.
2 - I also have section numbers that are continuous through the document.
The Numbers are not incrementing as I would expect, even though they are

set
up to continue from the previous section.

I'm actually testing all of this with a snapshot of the original documents
saved inmy personal file space so if I mess up any documents, I'm messing

up
a copy, not the originals.

In any case, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt