Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Andy Andy is offline

Default How do I keep styles in a word table when copying and pasting

I have two tables with many different cells that are identical in size.

One table (source table) contains the text that I need to put into the
second table (destination table). The destination table contains the styles
/ formatting that I want to use. The source table contains incorrect
formatting that I do not want to import into the destination document. When
I copy and paste the source table cells / contents to the destination table
it retains the source table formatting. I do not want this to happen.
Normally when I paste into a document a button comes up that allows me to
retain the destination table formatting. This does not happen when I paste
to more than one cell in a table at a time. If I paste as unformatted text,
all formatting / styles are lost and all formatting becomes "normal".

Is there some way to copy and paste more than one cell at a time from one
table to another and retain the destination formatting / is there some work
around for this deficiency in word? Doing so will save me many hours of
repetitive and mind numbing copying and pasting.

Thanks.

-Andy