gap

Faithe

To insert the character you want, press and hold down ALT while typing the
decimal numeric equivalent. For example, to insert the degree symbol, press
and hold down ALT while typing 0176 on the numeric keypad. Note: You must
use the numeric keypad to type the number and not the keyboard. Make sure
that the NUM LOCK key is on if your keyboard requires it to type numbers on
the numeric keypad.

ALT + 0247 = รท

Hope this is what you want.

gap

"Faithe" wrote:

I often type things that need math symbols, and I can't seem to find a way to
type the division symbol. I use Word 2003. If there is anyone who knows,
please respond as quickly as possible. THANKS