Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Mike,

I tried using both the first and second list sorts in your
message and it sorted correctly.

If you copy and paste your list from the message you posted
into a new blank document and sort it do you get the same problem?
What do you have selected under the [Options] button in the
Sort dialog?

How are you creating and formatting your list?

=========
"-mike-" wrote in message ...
I have a listing of my DVD collection in word (2000), but when I click on
TABLE, A-Z SORT it does not sort the items correctly. For instance, here is
the correct alphabetical sorting sequence for the sample titles below:

The Office Christmas Special
The Office Complete First Series
The Office Complete Second Series
Thing, The (R1)
This Is Spinal Tap: Special Edition
Three Amigo's, The
Three Kings
Time Machine, The (R1)

But, if I sort the above titles in Word, I get the following result:

Thing, The (R1)
This Is Spinal Tap: Special Edition
The Office Christmas Special
Three Amigo's, The
Three Kings
Time Machine, The (R1)
The Office Complete First Series
The Office Complete Second Series

As you can see, the are multiple titles incorrectly sorted. This is just a
small portion of my list, This kind of thing happens all the way through it.

Sorting options are set to:

Sort by: Paragraph
Type: Text
Sort: Ascending

Is this some known bug in Word, and if so is there a fix for it?

Mike
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP