RuffHouse

You have to go to Tools, then Options, then Security and you need to Uncheck
box "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving." This is only in MS
Word 2003 not any older versions. After I do this and save a clean version of
my document, the recipent still sees the markup. They need to do the same
steps I just mention or if they have an older version they need to go to the
Track Changes and change their settings. The recipents should have to do
this....the default for this application should not allow people to see mark
ups automatically. I think this is a bug and MS needs to fix this unless
somebody has a solution to share.

Thanks,
RS

"tjtjjtjt" wrote:

I don't see an option to remove your markups on the Security Tab. You can
remove your personal information as it is stored in the File |
Properties--but this has nothing to do with the Markups. To remove the mark
up, you'll need to accept or reject the changes before sending it to the
other person.

tj

"RuffHouse" wrote:

I have Windows XP and use Word 2003. I have found the settings to remove MY
markups in the Security Tab. However when I save my document and send it to
people that either have Word 2003 or any older version, they still see the
markups. This is totally unacceptable when dealing with our customers or
partners since they can pretty much see the markups and the changes since we
work from templates of our documents. Is there something else that I need to
do or is this a MS Word 2003 bug?