Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carys Carys is offline

Default Automating opening of word docs

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help me with this.

We have created a process chart in Excel. Each of the steps in the process
is enclosed in a textbox and these are hyperlinked so that when you click on
them they open the relevant Word doc for that part of the process. Not being
experts we have inserted hyperlinks back to the process chart (formatted in
white so that they don't print out). This sort of works (not elegant but
functional).

One step in the process requires the opening of several docs and here we are
very clunky. These docs are hyperlinked from the 1st word doc that is opened.

Can anyone suggest a better approach, bearing in mind that we are novices
(pushing the boat out using hyperlinks) with no formal Word training.

Thanking you in advance

Carys
--
Carys