bw

macropod:

If I select the excel object, then Format|Object is dimmed. If I select the
Paragraph mark on the line above the Excel object, then Format|Object
changes to Format|Insert Text Box.

How do I "Select" the Excel object so that I can see the Format|Object?

Thanks,
Bernie

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Bernie,

Select the Excel object then choose Format|Object|Layout and click

'Square'.
This will allow you to reposition the object to wherever you want it to

sit.
If, having done that, you click on the 'Advanced' button, you'll get more
positioning options for finer control.

Cheers

"bw" wrote in message
Under Help, I entered "Link to Excel", then selected "Insert information

by
creating a linked object or embedded object". And then under "Create a
linked object or embedded object with existing information", I selected

"In
a Microsoft Excel File".

When I follow the directions for "Create a linked object", and click

Paste,
the object is placed on the line where I want it. But then when I click
either of the Paste options to link to Excel, the object gets moved to a

new
line, and is "linked" to the paragraph mark on the previous line.

I want the object to be on the same line as where I put it. For

example:

Name: X

The linked object should be where the X is. How do I do this?

Thanks,
Bernie