Jan Berinstein

Default Page numbers and line number problem

Suzanne,

The reason it was preferable to copy the paragraph symbol was that
there were other "objects" that needed to show up in the first-page
header, as well -- the double lines on the left-hand side of the
pleading and the firm name. (You're right that the line numbers were
contained in a text box; for some reason the text box toolbar hadn't
been popping up when my cursor was within the frame, so I assumed it
was not, in fact, a text box.) Copying the frame alone didn't bring
the other objects along. Also, when I tried to paste the frame, it was
difficult to get it in exactly the right spot. Copying the paragraph
symbol seemed to put everything where it needed to be.

I'm sorry if I reacted negatively to your original reply to my post,
but calling something a "Bad Idea" can, and did, come across as brusque
(rather than succinct). Perhaps you intended it to be humorous. It's
easy to misinterpret these things. In any case, I do agree with you
that inserting a section break was a rather inelegant solution, and
that yours works better. I will recommend the more elegant method to
my clients.

Jan