Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
skyef skyef is offline

Default Turn Off MARKUP in Word 2003

Thank you but we have tried that and the date is actually coming from a
bookmark in an operational system we use. i will explain further:

We use software ABCDEF for the administration and storage of client files.
We create multiple templates in this software that use bookmarks to draw
over clients data from their files.
When we print or send a letter, we do it through the ABCDEF software and it
automatically saves a copy of whatever we sent to a storage area in their
file.

Later, if we want to access that document and reprint it for any reason, the
bookmarks for the date and time have not been saved and balloons appear where
bookmarked information has been entered or where we added additional text to
the document we eventually sent to the client so that is why I posted it
here. It seems like the problem is not with the date insertion but with the
Markup View.

I could be wrong...any ideas would be most helpful.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

Markup has nothing to do with your problem. Why post as a reply to this
thread?

The keyboard shortcut for Insert Date, and the icon on the header/footer
toolbar insert an automatically updating date field, {DATE}, so if either of
those were used in creating the doc, you get date changes.

To fix old docs, select the field, toggle field codes on the right-click
menu (or hit alt-F9), and change the DATE field to CREATEDATE.

For more information, see he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

For the future, you could make the {CREATEDATE} field into an AutoText entry
and assign it a shortcut.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

There is also a {SAVEDATE} field which shows last saved date.

On 10/11/06 11:19 PM, "skyef" wrote:

Hi there,

Our problem is that we are attempting to upload documents to a storage area
and retain the date information of the date the documents were
created/issued/mailed etc. However, when we open them, the date automatically
changes to the current date instead of retaining this information. Surely we
are not the only ones experiencing this and it is a compliance issue for many
industries to be unable to retain that information. PLEASE HELP!!

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/