Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Angie M.

Default Create Date field

The createdate fields and resulting date (June 20, 2006) look exactly the
same, but tomorrow my letter will have June 20, 2006 on the first page and in
the header of the second page you will see June 21, 2006.

I will send it to you but I need to find your email first. thanks

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Also, could you send me a copy of a letter (a blank one will do) created
from the template so I can try and see what is going on.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Angie M." wrote in message
Thank you Charles and Doug. YOU GUYS ARE HOT!

I am indeed using createdate fields in both the first page and the header
for my letter template, of course wanting the date the letter was created
in
both places. The Createdate field on the first page behaves, the one in
the
header changes (updates), very strange, but this is happening in several
of
my templates. Because we are a law firm this is a BIG DEAL. I have
deleted
and replaced the Createdate field.

I will try the style ref tip, this
"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Are you sure that you have a Createdate field in both places?

A CreateDate field will show the date on which the mailmerge main
document
was created. What dates are being shown on the first page and on the
second
page?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Angie M." wrote in message
When I use the create date field on the first page of my letter it
works
fine, when I put it in the header for the remainder of the document it
updates. How can I get the create date field to NOT update to the
current
date in the header? thanks