Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Pasting graphic into table - problem

To help grab graphics that are otherwise hard to select, you can use the
Select Object tool (Home tab, Editing section, Select - Select Objects).

The default pasting (and insertion) format for most graphics can be chosen
in Word's options. Office button - Word Options - Advanced tab - Cut, copy,
and paste section - Insert/paste pictures as: Set it to whatever default
best serves your needs.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"djprius" wrote in message
I have Word 2007. I used Ctrl+V to paste a graphic into a table cell.
Thereafter,I could NOT click and get the picture frame and handles for
that graphic. Nor could I delete the graphic. (Finally, we used "convert
to text" and then it responded as usual, with handles, etc.)

Afterwards I experimented with Paste Special and found that some formats
(JPEG, GIF, e.g.) worked fine when pasted into a table cell and some (HTML
and one or two more) did not. All the formats worked just fine if pasted
into the document as long as it was not a table cell.

Is there a default format when one uses Ctrl+V to paste a graphic? Is it
the last paste format that was used?

Is this the way it's supposed to be? I was very frustrated not to be
able to deal with the pasted graphic in any way whatsoever.

David