Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Changing _format_ to underline

"Amy Blankenship" wrote:

Oh, ok. I had never come across that feature before. Cool!

:-)
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I repeat, AutoFormat (as opposed to AutoFormat As You Type) will do this.
You have to explicitly run AutoFormat. You can do this with Format |
AutoFormat | AutoFormat Now, or you can add an AutoFormat button to the
Formatting toolbar if you need to use it frequently.

On my machine with Word 2003, _text_ (in the Autoformat as you type options)
is used to indicate italic, not underlining. So, if I run Autoformat, it will
italicized the text surrounded by _'s, not underline such text.

Am I missing somehting?