Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mwsmith mwsmith is offline

Default Where is the word count tool?

I too have had considerable difficulty using Word Count to find the count
for a selection. Two observations:

* It has trouble with any text that was input by a second user and which I
then accepted via track changes.

* It has trouble with citations linked to the reference list. This may
relate to the first point.

My work-around: after you select the relevant text, copy and paste it into a
new document. The resulting word count should be accurate. It worked for me.

MW Smith
Menlo Park, CA

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The status bar in Word 2007 can't be turned off, so perhaps your Word window
is extending below the bottom of the screen? If it's in a restored (Normal)
window, what happens if you Maximize it?

http://word.mvps.org

"Amanda" wrote in message
It is in the status bar or under the review tab.
However i need help reenabling my status bar. I had it at the bottom of
the
page and it disappeared. If someone knows how to get it back that would be
helpful.

"abbyvfb" wrote:

Can someone please help! Where is the word count function in Word 2007?
There's no tool menu like there used to be. I need this desperately!!
Thanks!