Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default multiple x-ref updating?

Ain't no keyboard shortcuts for any of the Bibliography stuff, so that
takes up at least a couple of inches of the QAT. Other ones I use a
lot are Show/Hide grid lines, para mark, and tab mark; Add Comment;
Paste Special; also Font Substitution (which is really buried
somewhere). And the Para Style, Font, and Size dropdowns, so I can
keep the Ribbon closed most of the time -- they all use up real estate
too.

On Feb 4, 8:04*am, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
Keyboard shortcuts come in handy in situations when the QAT is "full." :-)

"Peter T. Daniels" skrev i ...

Thanks -- I remembered the Print Preview thing but didn't know I
didn't have to burrow into the Office menu to get at it ... no room
left on my QAT! (There would be if I could remove the labels on "Show
Document Map" and "Keep With Following.")

On Feb 2, 7:51 pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
Switching to Print Preview (Ctrl+F2) and then closing the preview (ESC)
is
the quickest way to update cross-references.

There is no specific command to update all fields, only to update the
selected fields (which, obviously, excludes any fields in headers and
footers).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" *wrote in

I'm sure I've seen it mentioned here how to update all the cross
references at once, but Word Help Function Keys Shortcuts List doesn't
have such a thing. I've resorted to Ctrl-A to select the whole
document and then F9, but that seems to take much longer than it ought
to.