Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Shortcut Keys do not work

Look at the language bar... I don't know how it works in Arabic, but I do
know that when FR (french) is active, some shortcuts no longer work in
their labeled locations when characters in the selected keyboard are
different. For example, when using french, the A is located on my Q key.
Hence, to get Ctrl+A, I have to press Ctrl+Q.

I don't know if the keystrokes you seek are relocated when Arabic is active,
or if they exist at all. I would experiment to see, though.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Wazza" wrote in message
Hi

I got Office Enterprise 2007 and everything else seem to be working fine
except for Microsoft Word.

The problem is quite fundamental whereby most of the usual shortcut keys
do
not work; such as CTRL C, CTRL A, CTRL V, CTRL Z, etc.

This arose (or maybe I just noticed) after I enabled Arabic keyboard in
words. As a result I need to right click everytime I need to execute those
commands. This is very annoying and time consuming.

I've tried to perform 'repair' by using the setup CD but this does not
solve
the problem.

Any advice from the expert.