Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Detect and delete "empty" pictures.

Hi Qqla,

Would anyone know how to detect "empty" pictures merged from
Excel's empty fields and inserted into Word by IncludePicture and
Convert(ed)ToShape?

The only way I could distinguish between "real" pictures and "empty"
ones was Convert(ing back)ToInlineShape which generates "4120 Bad
patameter" error for "empty" ones, but unfortunately breaking document
formating at the same time.

Can you describe how this solution is working? I take it you're using a
macro to do the shape conversion? Why not perform the check BEFORE
converting to a shape?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org