Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Outlining Tabs on Word 2003

When you modify the styles (using Format, Styles dialog) there's a check box
'Save to Template'. If you check that box before changing the styles, when
you save your document, you will be prompted to save changes to the template
xxx.dot at the same time.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Bob S" wrote in message
How do you "Save the modified styles to the template?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Did you link the outline numbering to styles *and* save the modified
styles
to the template?

so
all may benefit.

"Bob S" wrote in message
I believe I have followed the instructions in the website you gave

corectly.
But something odd happens. If I stay in the same document where I made

all
of the changes to the Heading styles, I can press Alt-Ctrl-1 and it will
apply Heading 1 style, or press Alt-Ctrl 2 and apply Heading style 2,
etc.
This gives the numbering an all.

However, if I am in a new document and press Alt-Ctrl-1 it does NOT put

any
numbering down at all.

What do I need to change?
Bob

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bob S" wrote in message
This looks like exactly what I need. Thank you Stefan, (and
indirectly
Shauna Kelly) for the help.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Set up numbering as explained at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bob S" wrote in message
When I am using outlining in Word and hit return and then tab, it
gives puts
the next level numbering below at a prescribed tab set, which is
further to
the right than I prefer. So, I would like to change this default
tab stop
within outlining.

Is there a way to change the default tabs used in outlining
withing
MS Word
2003?
Thanks in advance,