Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
AZ Nancy AZ Nancy is offline

Default Get 3 separated tables across a page

To Graham,
If I use one large table and after I remove a name from one column I find
that in order to then remove that blank row from that column it will also
remove the row from the other two columns, along with the names in those two
columns. Otherwise I have to copy and paste the names to close up the gap in
the column I am working in. What I want is to have three 'separate' tables
on one page and have the three table line up across the page next to each
other. Wish I could draw a picture for you but can not in here. I want
column 1, 2, & 3 to work independently of each other.
--
AZ Nancy

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Or you could use one large table and set the borders only on the parts of
that table that represent the individual 'tables' and make the blank columns
narrower.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You can use Format | Columns to create three columns, then create a
table in each column. Column breaks added judiciously will preserve
the column content.

"AZ Nancy" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Word in Microsoft Office 2003 for this project.
I am trying to get 3 'separated' tables across a page. It will be
used for a list of names (in 3
columns). I frequently need to add or remove names. I want to be
able to do this in each column without affecting the other columns.
And yes, I want the table effect so each column is outlined and I
have the lines for the names.
--
AZ Nancy