Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CIW

Default saving inserted picture file as a .jpeg

I received a Word document that has a picture file inserted in the document,
and the "frame" is tight around the picture. I want to save that picture as
a .jpeg or other picture file, and cannot remember how to do it.

The steps I took is to copy/paste the picture file into either Paint or
Picture It! (the only 2 picture editing software programs that I have on my
laptop) then paste the picture into the program mentioned above. Then I do a
file save as .jpeg file type, I am able to save it as a .jpeg file. But,
when I insert it into a document, it has alot of "white space around the
picture, and when I adjust the size of the file it skews the picture. I know
that I can perform edits to the picture, but what I would like to do is save
it as a .jpeg file that has the "frame" of the picture tight around it as it
did in the original Word Document.

How can this be accomplished?

Thanks!!