Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Angel Bivins Angel Bivins is offline

Default LINK TABLE / FIGURE SEQ NUMBER WITH TEXT?

Sure Ray,
1. Use the Caption feature to insert your Table titles (Insert Caption, name
your table)
2.Then, in your text where you would normally type "see Table 1", instead
type : "see" and then use the Insert Cross-reference feature. Choose the
Reference type [Table] and then under "Insert Reference to" choose [only
label and number].
This places a field in your text that is now linked to the table. Update
the fields in your document manually by selecting the entire document
(CNTRL+A) and then hitting F9. Never assume these crosss-reference fields
update themselves!

--
Angel Bivins
WordAngel Document Design

"RAY" wrote:

Hi all - is there away to insert the sequential number of tables and figures
within the text so that when I insert or delete tables or figures within the
text I don't have to manually change the table reference in hte text?