Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tbone tbone is offline

Default Word 2002 image placement technique needed

Word is a pretty capable page layout tool, but I can't seem to get it
to do the following satisfactorily.

I want to insert a large figure in the middle of accompanying text. I
want Word to move the figure to the next page if it won't fit on the
current page, yet I want the text to continue to flow independent of
the placement of the image. It's kinda like a footnote in a way, but
I've not had any success with that (if the image is bumped to the next
page, the line with the footnote reference is also bumped, defeating
the purpose).

So I want the text to run continuously, while allowing the image to
appear unbroken at the next opportunity. I want to avoid a helf empty
page because of a large image.

Thanks
tbone