Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can I set word count to not count words with three letters les

It's not unusual to be given a specific word count for an assigned article
(for a magazine, for example). It may be more or less than 500 words, but it
will definitely include *all* the words. And if the submitted article is
over or under by more than a small percentage, the author will be asked to
edit and resubmit.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
I gotta tell you, I've never been asked to write a 500 word composition in
the real world.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I wasn't suggesting that you couldn't use them, just that not counting

them
is just as stupid as outlawing them. In the real world, when you're

asked
write a 500-word composition, *all* words are counted. They certainly
average out to more than three characters.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"DianaHolmes" wrote in message
news
It is not that we can not use them. She just will not count then as

part
of
the 500.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not without a macro, no. But this is a ridiculous stipulation. No one
in

the
real world counts words that way. It suggests that your instructor
wants

you
to avoid plain speaking and clarity (using honest Anglo-Saxon words)

fill
your paper with obfuscatory fifty-cent Latin derivatives. It might be
an
interesting challenge to write a paper that didn't *contain* any

words
of
three letters or fewer. g

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DianaHolmes" wrote in

message
I have a paper to write for my Comp class. She will not count words

with 3
letters or less. I need to write a 500 word paper. I need to know

if
there
is
a way to set word count to not count words with less then 4

letters.