Old August 1st 12, 06:11 AM
Venky62 Venky62 is offline

You have to use the unicode(hex) code and type Alt+x after that. Do this.
1. Open the Find and Replace dialog box. Place your cursor in the Find field.

2. Type 2022 and then press Alt+x. It will change to the bullet symbol.

3. Click Find Next. It should locate the bullet symbol in your text.

Of course, you may be aware that this will not find bulleted lists. The bullets in the bulleted list are virtual characters just as the numbers are in a number list. They are not actual text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseuz View Post
How on earth can I get Microsoft word to find this character. Copying and pasting the character in the find box doesn't work.

The character is the bullet symbol, which you can reproduce by changing the font to Symbol and by finding it in the symbol list or pressing ALT + 0183 (maybe 183 without the zero for others).

I know the solution is mentioned here http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=86902, but I don't quite understand it because I can't even reproduce the heart symbol that the user is talking about there.