Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Word 2007 Getting rid of standard templates

No. It is a hideous change from the way previous versions worked. At least
you could uninstall the supplied templates in previous versions and
reorganise the tabs by numbering them. In Word 2007, you have no control.

Another example of the Word Gestapo at work.

If it helps, you could put your templates as shortcuts on your desktops to
open up directly to a document created fro the template (but not that
convenient if Word is already open). You could also make commands and add
them to your QAT. But that may be hopeless if you have loads of custom
templates.

Personally, I only use 12 templates, so I have simply put them all in the
General Tab so at least I can get at them reasonably quickly. You can order
them in under the General tab by adding a number prefix.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"martinson" wrote in message
I've posted this questions before, I'd love to somehow get rid the the
standard templates that are automatically installed with Word. So far the
anyone
know how I can push them to the end of the line so that my template tabs
appear first?? This is so annoying!!
--
martinson portland