Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default printing {PAGE} rather than page number on doc

If the field codes are being printed out, the "Field Codes" check box
you need to clear is the one on the Print tab of the Options dialog.
The one on the View tab only changes what you see on screen.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:03:00 -0700, Rae Drysdale
wrote:

Tools | Options and on the View tab remove the checkmark against Field codes.
Hope this helps.
--
Rae Drysdale

"lisa" wrote:

my word docs are suddenly being printed with codes (as in the header and
footer) being printed rather than the desired resulting text.
also, I copied some newpaper info online and it printed out all the codes in
the newspaper rather than just the info I copied.