Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How to delete a dividing line created with asterisks

It's a border. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

"Sukiyaki" wrote in message
In order to delineate the end of one subject and begin another, I typed in
line of asterisks, and no way, no how can I get rid of it. I've tried all
the
logical ways, and searched help and the Word for Dummies book, to no
avail. I
did not put spaces between the asterisks, which one person told me was a
mistake. Help!

Also, I would like to know what the "lightening bolt" symbol is. It often
shows up, but mostly when I try to indent a paragraph.

I'm praying no one will spam this email address, as it could get me fired.
Thank you.