WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to delete a dividing line created with asterisks

To delete a dividing line created with asterisks in Microsoft Word, follow these steps:
  1. Place your cursor above the dividing line.
  2. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard until the line disappears.
  3. If the line doesn't disappear, try selecting the line by clicking and dragging your cursor over it, then press "Delete" on your keyboard.

If the above steps don't work, it's possible that the line is a border or a horizontal line. To delete a border or a horizontal line, follow these steps:
  1. Click on the border or the horizontal line to select it.
  2. Click on the "Borders" button in the "Paragraph" group on the "Home" tab.
  3. Click on "No Border" to remove the border or the horizontal line.

As for the "lightening bolt" symbol, it's the symbol for the "AutoCorrect Options" button. This button appears when Word detects a potential error in your document and suggests a correction. It's often seen when you try to indent a paragraph, as Word may suggest correcting the indentation to match the rest of the document.