Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I move my cursor between columns in a Word document?

Ctrl+Shift+Enter inserts a column break, yes.

Usually you let Word flow the text into the next column, though (or make use
of a table).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Linda" wrote in message
I just found it on-line. At the end of the text in your left column, press
Control+Shift+Enter.
--
Linda

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

"Simon G" Simon wrote in message

"RTH" wrote:

I have a document with two columns. I would like to type in the
right-hand
coiumn with out having the words wrap from the left-hand column.

HOW DO I GET MY CURSOR TO THE RIGHT-HAND COLUMN???

Actually the above question has not been answered. What has been
answered
is
now to create column breaks. I have two columns and would like to move
from
one column to another even if there is no text. I don't want to use
table
with lines, I just want to move about.

Thank you

You cannot move between newspaper columns unless they contain text. If
they
do contain text, you can move the insertion point for example by clicking
in
the text, or by using the same commands as in single-column text (see the
article at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH060831551033
"Keyboard shortcuts for Word").

From your description, it does seem as if a table would be the best
choice.
Note that you can remove the table border.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP