rkemp rkemp is offline
Junior Member

Default Skip to next (or next but one) merge field if blank

Hello,
I am trying to mail merge a broadsheet of results data into a chart on a word document.
Not each recipient will have data relating to every subject, so if they have no data for 'subject 1 title' and 'subject 1 grade', I would want the next field to be considered ('subject 2 title' and 'subject 2 grade'), and also skipped if similarly blank.

What I mean is, I don't want gaps in each chart if a recipient doesn't have data.

I have seen a number of similar issues, where blanks are skipped, but not where they are replaced by the next significant piece of data.

I hope this makes sense.