Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chrispo Chrispo is offline

Default How do I stop Word documents from opening in print preview?

Hi Suzanne, thanks for responding. I just double checked and it's print
preview. I want it to open in Print Layout View but even when I open the
document, close print preview and then save it reopens in print preview. The
documents are reports that I have created in Word via another program. Since
you are not aware that a document can be saved in print preview I'm assuming
that it can't be and it's the other program causing this. I've checked other
documents and it seems only those created with the help of the other program
are doing this. I'll try thier tech support if I don't get anymore replies
here. Thanks again
-Chris

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you sure you don't mean Print Layout view? Documents ordinarily open in
the view in which they were saved, and I don't think it's possible to save a
document in Print Preview.

"Chrispo" wrote in message
When I open previously saved Word documents they always appear in print
preview mode, how do I stop this? Also it's only certain documents (I

assume
it's the way I created them that is causing this?) but I need them to open

in
normal view, not print preview. Thank you for the help.
Chris