Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I keep my font size and choice from changing as I write.

Sounds like you hit the Zoom control by accident (or Ctrl-mousewheel).
If you're in Word2007/2010, it's at the right edge of the bar at the
bottom -- a slider with 100% in the middle, and to its left a tiny box
showing the current size, and if you click that you get a panel where
you can pick one of the preset sizes, or type your own in the box.

Earlier versions, I don't remember ...

I hope you didn't delete the original after saving it as .txt.

On Feb 4, 9:09*am, jrazzi wrote:
Peter T. Daniels;493872 Wrote:

Far more information is needed!

For instance, have you set up a Paragraph Style containing 9 pt
Tahoma?

What _exactly_ were you doing when the font changed? (Maybe you
accidentally touched one of the keyboard shortcuts for "Default
formatting.

Yes, I set up a paragraph style. And I didn't hit a short cut key.

"Sigh" I'm at total loss as to what's going on with my MSWord.
I feel that the program is just perverse , because now the problem went
away on its own!

haha! But that said, *I now have "another" problem.

Yesterday, I inserted a half page size picture into my manuscript, but
then I changed my mind and deleted it.
But after I did that, my whole page shrunk!

I don't mean that the type size or the zoom got smaller; the whole area
of text just got smaller,
including the Header. *IOW, when I now go to view a page of my Ms. in
"Print Preview", the type size is still 9 pt.
and my line spacing is still 1.5 but the text and the header are all
smaller and do not fill up the whole page any more.

I finally had to save my doc as "Plain Text" to strip it of all
formatting but now I have about 100 pages
to format all over again! I'm loath to do that since I don't know what
went wrong in the first place
and I don't want it to happen again!

--
jrazzi