Klaus Linke

Hi F. James,

Because with an average of 5 items under each heading, 9 levels give you
about two million numbered items.

If you find that the nine levels don't suffice, the hierarchical structure
of your document is likely poor.

Also, those levels should help readers to orient themselves. With more than
nine levels, I can't imagine any reader that can follow the hierarchy.

Regards,
Klaus

"F. James Little" wrote:
You obviously disagree. Why?

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for people to agree with you.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"F. James Little" wrote in
message
The number of levels available for a numbered outline list should be
not
be
limited to 9. Ideally the number of available levels should ultimately
be
up
to the user, but I am sure that this would present a resource or
managability
limitation. In any case, I would think that the limit shouldn't be
any
less
than 18.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.