Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Floppy disc problem

Copy them to your hard disk first, then try to open them.

Floppy drives are prehistoric technology and probably you have an old drive
in old hardware. It may be clogged with eons of dirt or the heads may be out
of alignment.

It may also be that you floppies have been damaged by stray electromagnetic
or magnetic fields or have been poorly stored (e.g. extremes of hot, cold or
damp conditions).

Try to see if you can find someone with a floppy drive that could test the
disks for you before writing them off.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Goldendauber" wrote in message
I cannot open files on any of my floppy discs in the A drive. I get a
message
statig the data media is not recognized.

Thank you