Stefan Blom

Did you insert the page number via InsertPage Numbers? If so, Word
put it inside a little frame. Also, Word seems to add some right
indent to the paragraph in the header when inserting the frame. You
can set the indent back to zero in FormatParagraph to make the border
extend to the right margin.

Alternatively, with the cursor inside the header area, instead of
using a paragraph border, draw a line using the Line button on the
Drawing toolbar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Berlie" wrote in message
Thank yo for the help,

I put up an image to try to help explain the problem I am trying to

solve.
When I do add the border to the header style this is the result I

get:
http://berlie.com/headerborder.gif

As you can see the border doesn't extend underneath the page numbers
properly. What I am trying to do is have it like this but have the

border
extend out across the entire bottom of the header including the page

numbers.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Format | Borders and Shading. Select the desired border style and

weight,
then click on the bottom of the square in the preview. For more,

see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Borders.htm If you want to

add the
border to the header style, then you'll need two different header

styles.