Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Default "automatic" font color black, not blue. How do I change this?

Hi Brian,

Could it be the case that your Normal style in Normal.dot is set to blue?

Creat a new blank document, choose Format | Styles and formatting...
In the task pane, click the triangle next to Normal and select Modify...
Choose black text color, and check "Add to template".
Close Word to make sure your changes are saved (if you are prompted to save
Normal.dot, choose Yes).
Start Word. It should be ok now.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Brian" wrote:

Every word document that I open has the text in a blue color. I would like
word to have the "automatic" font color black, not blue. How do I change
this? Everytime I print a document I am using colored ink. Even email that I
recieve is black but prints blue.
Brian