Sandy

Well, the best solution, if I want to switch back and forth rapidly
between two documents, appears to be to go to "Windows in Taskbar" mode,
maximize all the windows, and use the "Alt-Tab" function, which operates a
lot better than any Word keystroke combination or macro I can devise. With
the windows maximized, you don't get that annoying proliferation of redundant
toolbars, or the feeling that you're switching applications all the time.
You can't split the screen cleanly, but life is compromise. Then when I
don't need to toggle, I can go back to my preferred viewing mode.