Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Default Styles in Word 2007

Personally, I leave the Prompt To Update Styles turned off since
styles are
so easy to update these days.

I don't know that much about styles because I rarely use Word for
anything. I just like figuring out how it works ;-)

Is there a way to open the same dialog that "Prompt to update style"
provides? I like how it gives you the option to update the style to
match the selection or to reapply the style all in one place.

On Apr 25, 3:36 pm, "Beth Melton" wrote:
Since the "Prompt to Update Styles" option is off by default how are you
reproducing it when you use the /a switch to start Word?

Personally, I leave the Prompt To Update Styles turned off since styles are
so easy to update these days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/boo...x#AboutTheBook

Word FAQ:http://mvps.org/word
TechTrax eZine:http://mousetrax.com/techtrax/
MVP FAQ site:http://mvps.org/

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in . ..

Yep. I see it now... even happens with the /a switch. Cute.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
Sorry Herb, I wasn't trying to provide exact repro steps, just enough
info to see if that's what Greg was referring to. Here you go:- Hide quoted text -