Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to Minimize All Windows in Word 2003?

To keep all documents within a main Word window, you'd have to deselect
the "Windows in Taskbar" option in Tools | Options, View tab. Then you
should be able to minimize documents within the Word application window.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2012-02-01 19:15 (GMT+1), Clueless in Seattle wrote:
On Jan 28, 11:32 am, Stefan Blom
wrote:
You could right-click the taskbar and choose the Show the desktop
command. Of course, that would minimize all open windows, not just your
Word documents.

Thanks for the reply, Stefan.

In my original query I'm afraid I wasn't very clear in explaining what
it is I would like to Word 2003 to do for me. So, let me try again:

First off, I don't want to minimize the Word 2003 program window. I
want to leave that open on my desktop.

Within that window I have a number of Word document files opened in
the "Restore" view." These files are members of a set of files that I
use every day. I keep the files in a single folder and open them all
at once by selecting them all in Windows Explorer, right clicking and
then clicking on "Open." I end up with all of the files opened in
"Restore" view in the Word 2003 program window.

I'd like to be able to minimize all of them at once so that they would
appear at the bottom of the Word window as a set of buttons, similar
to the program buttons that appear on my Windows XP taskbar. But
instead of appearing on the taskbar, these buttons appear *inside* and
at the bottom of the Word 2003 program window on my desktop. Then I
can select which document I want to work on and click on its button.

I have a "Save All" button on one of my Word taskbars, and I'm hoping
there's a way to install a "Minimize All" button too.

Any hope for that?

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"